Powered by Blogger.

Lace! Oh La La!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

While paroozing the net for fashion week coverage, I stumbled upon this photo which inspired me for this blog post, along with a new turn on my own wardrobe.
Her eyelids are lace prints!! Lately I have seen plenty of these 'ready made' eyeshadow stickers that you apply in one motion to your lid. But the lace version is simply lovely! Then I remembered the fun Lace Masks from the runways of Fall 09. *photos compliments of style.com unless otherwise noted*

Jean Paul Gautier made quite a dramatic look for his models with these sash masks.
But Valentino really takes the cake for making this (hopefully) upcoming trend HOT! Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, with only 3 runway shows under their new Head-Honcho Valentino Belts, really made a great statement collection with their Couture Fall 09 show.


The detail shots really blow me away, especially in juxtaposition to the garments overall outcome. By using a nude sheer on the dresses, Valentino created the illusion of a lace applique on the skin of many of their models. I may not have a nude sheer dress, but I am definitely going to be toying with gluing lace pieces to my skin rather than resorting to jewelry.
Then there is this model, who has the lace along her eye and temple creating a fun and girly makeup idea! I may try for a more subtle lace piece along just my temple and report back on the results. First to find some makeup glue and intricate lace to cut.
You may think this is a new idea, but even in 1966 Audrey Hepburn beautifully rocked this black lace look in "How to Steal a Million"! How utterly amazing is she? Classy and always stylish.
*Photo compliments of styleredux.blogspot.com*

So what will you try? Lace makeup, lace masks, or maybe lace applique? All three if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment