Powered by Blogger.

Ice Ice Baby

Monday, December 14, 2009

Today was the first morning I had to start the grueling process of leaving time to scrape the ice off my car windows. It got me thinking about winter, and the things I love about it. Although it is my least favorite season, there are a few things that keep me going.

I love ice skating, even though i have only ever been on artificial rinks. In fact, it was not until I was older that the thought even occurred to me that it was possible to be so cold, one could ice skate on a natural lake or pond! That astounded me. Growing up in the South does not exactly grant that kind of thought process.


Nonetheless, I think I love how romantic it feels to be outside on ice and gracefully gliding along hand in hand with someone special, surrounded by trees and stars...sigh. Even though I prefer hot to cold, ice skating is something that gets me through the cold months of winter, something to cling to while I am eight layers deep in sweaters and coats desperately trying to stay warm!

*photos compliments of aroundapplegate.blogspot and myupperwest.com*

What keeps you warm in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment