Powered by Blogger.

Walking Art. Walking Legend.

Thursday, December 10, 2009


I love beautiful things. And the thing I love most about fashion is that it is living art. You can actually put it on and experience a transformation. Something vital to my mood, are my shoes, when I am in a special pair of shoes, I feel on top of the world. My demeanor changes, my stride and countenance change.

Manolo Blahnik has certainly changed the fashion industry with his art, and when he entered the scene around 1972 women never stood a chance. Maybe his wide creativity comes from his broad cultural upbringing. Born to a Czech father and a Spanish mother, he was raised in Spain, studied art in Paris, and began working in fashion in London.


I will never tire of seeing the vision of an artist become reality. It is very interesting to see a mere sketch come to fruition through hopes and hardwork. Here are some of the shoes that I dream to one day have resting in my closet...



*photos compliments of: gamil.com, halogenlife.com, Of Hopes and Dreams blog, Mischief My Dear blog, and viecouture.com*

What is your favorite Manolo?

No comments:

Post a Comment