Powered by Blogger.

Define: Moving On

Saturday, March 13, 2010

What exactly causes us to finally "move on?" Are we eternally condemned to waiting on the next door to open before we can stop staring at the one that seems to have closed in our faces? Must it always be that we must find somewhere new to place our heart before we can find closure from the past? Or in the same sense but reversing roles, why must we always wait until that other person moves on for good before we feel we can close that chapter of our lives?

I have felt this way in a couple transitional times in my life, where I think I subconsciously clung to a certain someone to be my safety net...the person I could always run back to in between failed attempts of dating. What is it about that person that always holds your heart? For me, I never really closed that door until I heard he was engaged, it was then that I finally felt I could part with that chapter of my life and feel free of that force that he forever held on me. Because for some reason mes cheries, we may never know why things don't work out. It may seem like all the pieces are there for what should be a relationship filled with glorious displays of fireworks, but bad timing after bad timing all we continually get is an explosion. Therefore, in no small way, I am forever grateful for "Moving On." Even if it may stop me in my tracks every now and then, it forces to me to take back my heart and save it for something worthy; to quit leaning all my hope on a weak fortress and build it up for a future mansion.

What is "Moving On" to you?

Don't forget to enter the DIY Giveaway brought to you by
New York Design Shop
Today is the LAST DAY, doors close at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment