Powered by Blogger.

Taxis, Timing, and Love

Friday, April 9, 2010

I just finished watching a romance film with my friend and it got me thinking, how quickly women fall in love. Of course it is easy to see this when you need to have two characters end up together in under two hours, but it still arose an interesting point. Men and women are wired so differently, although we have more in common then general society stereotypes allow, it is fascinating to sit back and ponder.


"Its easy to fall in love. The hard part
is finding someone who will catch you." ~ anonymous

As I think back on my past relationships I know that I could have easily fallen in love in most of them, the tricky part is timing, sometimes you are preoccupied, sometimes he may be elsewhere. But in those relationships I remember learning his passions and finding ways to infuse that into our activities, or learning about his family and friends and letting them into my life too. Always changing and looking toward the future, never yielding so much that you lose yourself, but continually transforming into that "We" that you desire. I would like to reference a quote that sparked this train of thought in the first place.


"A lady's imagination is very rapid. It jumps from admiration to love,
from love to matrimony in a moment." ~ Jane Austen

For me it has always been like this, it is nothing I feel men should be afraid of, why else are you dating? Even when I was younger I always felt that dating was a test run for finding my husband, and when I no longer saw a future for the relationship, I ended it. It is selfish of me to stay with a man and lead him falsely in a direction I am not, just for the sake of me staying away from the scary word "single." Now, am I saying I've never gone on a date with a guy I wasn't quite sure had a future? No. I am saying that if I have decided after a couple dates that I would like to see where this might go, I'm jumping both feet in. Whereas I feel many men dance around the dating pool for quite some time before finally deciding it may be time to honor society with a prolonged dip. This subject is summed up perfectly in an episode of Sex and the City.

*Merci We Heart It for all the photos*

"Men are like cabs, when they're available their light goes on. They awake one day and decide they are ready to settle down, have babies, whatever, and they turn their light on. Next woman they pick up, boom, that's the one they'll marry. It's not fate, it's dumb luck. It's all about timing, you gotta get em when their light's on." ~Miranda Hobbes

Don't forget the DevaFuser CurlTASTIC Giveaway is coming to a close real soon!
Enter HERE for our biggest giveaway yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment