Powered by Blogger.

Travel Confession #11

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Discovery new cultures, cuisines, and languages is so enriching. Its great to be able to learn so much and then adapt your own life to be a little mix of the best of all worlds. I travel expecting, and yearning, for these eye-opening experiences, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I can go somewhere and still feel like home. In fact sometimes, home hits smack in between the eyes and makes you cock your head and say "What"?


When I was in Warsaw over the holidays I had one of those out of no where experiences. But its nice all the same, it lets you know that we're all connected in a way, and that no matter how far you venture you can always find something to give you a little hug of home now and then.

*thanks allposters.com for both pics*

In this instance, I was in the airport about the catch my plane back to France. I stopped to grab a bite to eat, and while I was eating I read my wine bottle label and my jaw dropped. I'm living in France, visiting Poland, and drinking...Sutter Homes California Wine! I laughed, and then checked to see if anyone was looking at me strangely.

Have you find home in a strange place?

No comments:

Post a Comment