Powered by Blogger.

Runway Fashion Recreated on a Budget in Minutes

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Runway Fashion Recreated on a Budget in MinutesRunway fashion can be completely overwhelming (not to mention costly). Purple is the new black, patent is a must have for Fall, drop the gloss because it is all about a matte lip this season, and the list goes on. Who has time to keep up with it all?

I do. My name is Stella, and I have been working/living in the land of high end fashion for almost a decade. I started on the sales floor in couture where I could see the latest collections roll in each season. That is where I learned why Giorgio Armani has the reputation he does, how Missoni keeps the signature zig-zag pattern relevant, and why Dolce & Gabbana are known for the corseted look.

Runway Fashion Recreated on a Budget in MinutesI could never afford the runway pieces that I pined over, nor did I have the patience to shop the markdown racks. Still, I wanted to figure out how to recreate these runway looks on a budget, and without having to go to battle in a store. It boiled down to three things: price, convenience, and personal style. When it comes to personal style, what I am referring to here is knowing your measurements when shopping on-line, but more importantly, know what makes you feel good when you put it on and building on that.

Runway Fashion Recreated on a Budget in MinutesOverall, it is a process that ideally keeps one in a constant state of "style evolution." I know, it sounds intense, especially with the topic being that of fashion, but the bottom line is that it is about self expression and, most of all, having fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment