Powered by Blogger.

Fashionspiration: Wicked Fashionista

Friday, December 10, 2010

I had the extreme privilege of seeing Wicked this week! I have been waiting to see this Broadway for 6 years and I must say it was worth the wait. Phenomenal from start to finish, the music, the costumes, the acting, the set... no detail was left unturned. The moment I walked into the doors of the Gershwin Theatre I was enveloped by the Land of Oz.

I enjoyed reading the book, Wicked by Gregory Maguire (great for a book club if you are interested), but I must say I actually enjoyed the play better! The play takes a slightly different turn and I liked how they wrapped the original Wizard of Oz more into the story than the book did. I left the theatre already ready to see it again! And I couldn't stop thinking how fabulous the costumes would be on a catwalk...well, this inspired me for a Fashionspiration and I hope it inspires you too!

How Wicked are you my darlings?

No comments:

Post a Comment