Powered by Blogger.

Traveling Diva: Savannah, Georgia

Monday, June 6, 2011

My darlings, I had an absolutely wonderful trip to Savannah, Georgia for Memorial Day Weekend. Hot, sunny, and full of sweet tea, it was just what I needed for a good southern fix! Plus, it was so wonderful to get a nice break from the city rush and spend some quality time with the fam.


Our view from the hotel, overlooking Savannah's Historic District
(complete with a ferry boat to shuttle you back and forth)!




Savannah is like a canvas of inspiration, between the cobblestone streets and the 
swirly wrought iron work, every turn brings a new wave of artistry.





I just love how all the streets in the south are framed by massive sweeping oaks that hang Spanish Moss. 
It feels like you are walking through a movie set. 



So tell me mes cheris, are you jonesin' for a trip down to Savannah, Georgia now? 
I must say, I loved eating all my comfort foods I can't quite get in NYC, but man if I didn't have to eat salad the entire next week to feel like I wouldn't gain 10 pounds from visiting Dixie country! 

Y'all come back now ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment