Powered by Blogger.

Guest Blogger: Shopping Down Under... the Aussie Way

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Since my blog is officially in travel mode this week I thought I would keep the trend going with another fabulous guest blogger post to bring you the best how-to shopping from around the globe! Next stop? Australia with the amazing Sam of The Curvy Girl's DiaryThat's right we're going down under for this shopping excursion!

Dressing up Down Under…

Whenever I talk to any of my friends overseas or visitors that I run into, fashion is not something that they mention when they think of Australia. It’s all beaches and backpacking, but thanks to the fab The Embellished Life, I get to introduce you to some amazing designers that are making their mark all over the world... and send you all into an Aussie fashion lovefest.

1. One teaspoon 
Location: Sydney 
This local Sydney designer has been making major headway over the past few years. Her surfer/skater approach to clothing has somehow managed to be tied in with an effortless glam that just screams chic. The designs of one teaspoons founder Jamie Blakely have been attracting major overseas interest and for all you spunks in the US I know it is available online at planetblue.com definitely worth a major look.

2. Sass and Bide 
Location: Sydney
Definitely one of my all times favorite’s designers ever! Their dresses are just showstoppers and their jeans just scream laid back vibe meets totally glam. They are a must-have brand among the celebrity-set, the world over, and their accessory range is equally to die for. I would spend my last pennies in this shop! Enough said!

3. Dogstar 
Location: Brisbane
Down Under Website: http://dogstar.com.au/
Think Audrey Hepburn meets Judy jetsen in the best way possible, classic tailoring mixed with some totally off the cuff, deconstructed design makes this label a must-have and a staple in Aussie wardrobes. Their wide leg pants have cult status over here and something I couldn’t live without.

Bryon bay markets 
Location: Bryon bay
I’m a total market goer, and these markets provide some of the best shopping in this country for up and coming designers and great accessories. It was here that I developed my love of spell designs. Some of the most unique accessories you will ever see and amazing leather work, not to mention their feather headpieces... I literally wanted to walk down the aisle in one! This is just one of the awesome names to come out of these markets and to top it all off, it's 5 minutes away from the most amazing beaches you will ever see.

There is so much I could share with you I didn’t even mention we have entire suburbs dedicated to vintage shopping but that’s a story for another time or you could hop a plane and discover it all for yourself just holler if you need a shopping buddy!

To catch more of Sam hop on over to thecurvygirlsdiary.blogspot.com 
and follow her Aussie adventures!
You can also follow along on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment